Who doesn't love the amazing smell of a local bakery or ice cream parlor? Long Island is home to some of the country's best local dessert destinations. For those residents who are searching for an after-dinner treat or an assortment of desserts for a party or celebration, there are plenty of options to choose from.
It just so happens Dessert Day is in October, so it's the perfect excuse to indulge in your favorite sweet treat. If you're in the mood for a milkshake, cupcake, cookie, or ice cream, here is a list of local dessert shops from our real estate agents:
- Emilia's Bakehouse - 664 Walt Whitman Rd, Melville, NY 11747
- Emilia's Bakehouse makes fresh homemade desserts and pastries that you truly can't find anywhere else. From Apple Turnovers made from scratch to Nutella Donuts, you are certain to find a unique dessert you absolutely love — plus, everything is made fresh daily. Stop by for an after-dinner treat or place an order online for the holidays or an upcoming event. Either way, you'll definitely want to stop and see these beautiful Nassau County homes for sale while you're out.
- Sweet Karma Desserts - 136 Manetto Hill Rd, Plainview, NY 11803
For some of the tastiest sweet treats on Long Island, visit Sweet Karma Desserts. While they serve all kinds of cakes, cupcakes, and cookies, the Chocolate Chip Cake with cookie dough buttercream is a top seller. All baked goods are made every morning from scratch. If you need a delicious wedding cake or birthday party treats, this is the place for you!
- Long Island Tartufo Co. - 49 Woods Rd, North Babylon, NY 11703
Long Island's online-only Microcreamery doesn't have a storefront, but they'll bring your online order right to the door of your Long Island home. Taste some of the area's most delicious Tartufo (small ice cream truffles with a chocolate or nut coating) at Long Island Tartufo Co. Try the Mint Chip, Cookies & Cream, or Raspberry Sorbet Bombs, or order an assortment of your favorite flavors.
- Nana's Ice Cream And Coffee House - 225A Post Ave, Westbury, NY 11590
Ice cream, milkshakes, and cheesecake can be found at Nana's Ice Cream, but you'll definitely want to try one of their Signature Sundaes. The Campfire S'mores Sundaes and the Strawberry Shortcake are two favorites! With a coffee bar and small lunch entrees, it's the perfect place to stop on a weekend afternoon.
- Smallcakes - 339 Jackson Ave, Syosset, NY 11791
One of Long Island's best shops for unique, delicious handcrafted cupcakes is Smallcakes. With over a dozen signature flavors, an assortment of these delicious treats makes for an awesome party dessert. These cupcakes not only taste great but they're also beautifully decorated. If you'd like to have this delicious bakery in your own backyard, schedule a tour of one of these nearby Syosset homes for sale.
Long Island is full of top-notch bakeries and dessert destinations, and we always encourage our clients to try new places. For more information about living on Long Island, contact us today.